Do These 5 Things to Prepare Your Home to Sell
Due to the coronavirus, you may not know when exactly you are putting your house on the market, or if you even are. How about taking some time now to prepare your home to sell? Fixing up your house to put on the market can be overwhelming, but starting with these 5 simple activities can help you start!
1. Declutter: Many of us have objects in our home that we don't need or use, just taking up unnecessary space. Have a garage sale to get rid of some of these items and make some extra cash for yourself, and donate the items that don't sell. Getting rid of things will make for an easier move!
2. Spruce up curb appeal: Now that the weather is getting a bit nicer, it's time to get outside and get to work. Obviously, the outside of your home is the first thing a potential buyer sees, so it need to look nice. Remove weeds, trim bushes and trees, replace your mulch, plant some new flowers and keep your grass looking green. If the outside of your home looks nice, it's more likely that the inside will too.
3. Paint: Painting is such a simple way to make your house look new. Putting a fresh coat of paint on your walls is cost effective and can easily be done yourself during quarantine. Here's a tip, unless there's a certain look you are going for, keep paint colors neutral. Sometimes too much color can scare a buyer away. Neutrals are always a safe bet.
4. Deep clean: Take this time to give your home a deep clean; you can split up each room of your house by the day. Start with the room that needs it most and go from there. Dust, clean the windows, sweep or vaccuum, etc. No potential buyer wants to walk into a home that's dirty, let alone one that could be germy. Cleaning your house will give you and potential buyers a peace of mind.
5. Schedule services for later: If there are things you can't do by yourself, such as replacing windows or other renovations, go ahead and schedule them. Businesses will love knowing that they have a client when quarantine is over, and it's one less thing you'll have to worry about!
Even if you aren't selling your home, these are great tips to keep your house up to date. Quarantine doesn't have to be boring, it can be really productive if you want it to be!